Monday, June 20, 2011

The Salad Case: Forget it!

Workout: Chatturanga-and-Up-Dog-Tutorial 15 minutes

I did it to myself again! Last night I went to bed around 10:30 but couldn't go to sleep, so I pulled out my phone and opened up Lightning Bug. The app works like a charm, but after I'm out - I'm out. I have no idea what happens to my phone. Last night, it got stuck between the pillows and my alarm was muffled once again.

I had plans of buying a new clock this weekend, but that was foiled by an impromptu trip to Walmart that I wasn't prepared for. I don't know why this happens, but anytime I go into a store my mind turns to mush. So I forgot to buy the alarm and the two other things that I know I forgot but that I can't remember at this very second. Arrgh!!!

Then on Sunday we went to Sam's to pick up some stuff, like veggies for my Salad Case, right. So I pick up the brussel sprouts and veggies, but I forget the most important ingredient: organic spinach. Double arrgh!!!

So today, I bring you the spinach-less salad case - tadah!



I just had to double some of the roasted veggie portions:
  • brussel sprouts, a couple of handfuls
  • broccoli, carrots and cauliflower
  • a small handful of craisins
  • 1 strawberry chobani yogurt as the dressing that brings it all together
  • sprinkling of celery ('twas a mistake)
Overall, a good flavor (minus the celery, of course). I actually couldn't finish it because I felt stuffed, I didn't know salads could do that to you!

So back to the Shataranga + Up Dog Tutorial, I know it was only 15 minutes but I'm so glad I took it. For all intents and purposes, I'm a yogi wannabe and really new to it. I can do most of the 2 level classes, but taking this tutorial makes me want to take some of the level 1s to really get the "theory" behind the pose.

I'm an instructional manual type of person, pretty good at following directions. Are you?

I think I need to get past the idea that Level 1s aren't challenging. Just tell that to my buddies Shataranga + Up Dog and see what they have to say ;)

Have you ever stayed away from a class that was "easy" and been shocked that it wasn't?

ADios!
























    2 comments:

    Kristen - Anywhere There's An Airport said... Best Blogger Tips

    If I don't make a list I am useless in the store! That and it takes me 3 times as long to get out of there. Which equal way more $$! The brussels and strawberry yogurt intrigue me! I think I'd love it!

    cynthiasolc said... Best Blogger Tips

    @Kristen - Anywhere There's An Airport

    Tell me about it, I just spent way too much money for a list with 5 items on it. Not following the list is dangerous!

    Surprisingly, I liked the roasted brussel sprouts and yogurt combo. That may just be me, though.