Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Little Things: Pumkin Pie Burritos

Workout: 25 min weight session + 1.75 mi in 16:00 minutes



Who would have thought that going to bed at 10:30 would result in me actually hearing my alarm this morning! What a revelation :)

It was a good "schweaty" workout plus I got a dose of this:




Doggie envy! Dulci got a raw hide while I got worked out because she's a little OCD. She likes to lick her paws otherwise and that drives me up the wall! Do your pets do anything that annoys you?

I had planned on making some carrot cake burritos this week, but the bananas weren't ripe enough :(

What's a girl to do? I know, raid your pantry and make some Pumpkin Pie Burritos!




I'm lovin' this theme!

Here are the magical ingredients, which makes 3 servings:

  • Libby's - 100% Pure Pumpkin, 1 1/2 cup
  • Sun-Maid - Natural California Raisins, 3/8 Cup (40 g)
  • Raw Almonds - Almonds, 45 almonds
  • Great Value - Pitted Prunes, 1/4 cup (40g)
  • Bob's Red Mill - Chia Seed, 2 Tbsp
  • Mission Tortillas Plus! - Multi Grain Wrap, 3 tortilla
  • Pumpkin Pie spice - as much as your heart desires!
  1. Puree the pumpkin and prunes
  2. Add all the ingredients
  3. Wrap, refrigerate over night and enjoy :)
The nutritional info per serving:


Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sugar Fiber
Per Serving: 492 73 19 15 27 19
Oh so good!!! The calorie count is a little high, but that's mainly because of the tortillas and the almonds - I shouldn't have gone with the wraps. Oh well, no regrets with this little breakfast. Plus, I wasn't hungry until lunch time so it was a win win :)

The rest of the day was a good one, too. My parents came over for some playtime with the BB - I love watching them together!

I also got to pick up some of this:



I went to an International market and just walked the isles. I wanted to try something new, but as much as I love eggplant - I'm not sure about pickled eggplant salad. Would you try it?

Instead, I tried this Armella Spreadable Tahini and it was Derkilicious! Seriously, it was on the same level as Nutella! RC said it reminded him of cupcake frosting! Cupcake frosting - that good!



















The nutritional info is kind of blury, but 1/8 of this jar is about 250 calories. Not Nutella bad - but could be very dangerous!

What's your favorite international pantry item that you've tried?

ADios :)

0 comments: